HypnoBirthing - The Mongan Method
Are you interested in using self hypnosis for labour and childbirth? Do you want to be in control of your birth? Are you looking for an easy, comfortable, and yet drug-free birth?
HypnoBirthing - The Mongan Method is the answer.
Now in its twentieth year, HypnoBirthing - The Mongan Method is a complete antenatal education. Our birthing classes are intended to help you have the most natural childbirth possible, using easily-learned self hypnosis and breathing techniques.
Whatever kind of birth you're planning - homebirth, hospital, birthing centre or whatever - HypnoBirthing can help.
On this site you'll find everything you need to know about HypnoBirthing - The Mongan Method in the UK, including:
- How to find your nearest Mongan Method HypnoBirthing classes in the UK
- What HypnoBirthing is and why it's so effective
- Answers to the most frequently asked questions
- Details of how to become a Mongan Method HypnoBirthing Practitioner (and now also how to train as a HypnoBirthing Fertility Therapist)
- What other mums and dads (and midwives) have to say, in their birth stories - like this one:
"HypnoBirthing has given me one of the most wonderful experiences of my life....
Early in my pregnancy, I was convinced that I needed an epidural since all expectant mothers around me were doing that. I heard about HypnoBirthing and loved the idea of following a technique to lose fear and allow a natural painless birth, which is what the miraculous female body is destined to do naturally...
My mother and husband were...present and they were quickly believers when they witnessed a totally relaxed birth experience in spite of the complication of having a breech birth.
As it turned out, my labor went unusually fast mainly due to the fact the doctor administered Pitocin, which I had no option out of under the circumstances, but mainly that I was very relaxed through the surges.
Our experience is special and one that I will never forget in my life. HypnoBirthing and our doula were very instrumental in helping and supporting me to believe it could be this way in spite of a breech presentation. The experience helped me realize and believe that you should trust yourself and your body and allow it to do what it is naturally meant to do.
Jackie Gadret, France
If you're from the USA, then please visit our sister site (the HypnoBirthing Institute) at www.hypnobirthing.com
You can also find:
- A place where where you can chat and ask questions in our HypnoBirthing UK discussion forum
- Scientific proof that HypnoBirthing works - look at the research into hypnotherapy and hypnosis in childbirth
- Links to newspaper and magazine articles, and some fantastic TV news and videos about HypnoBirthing, from the UK and abroad
- The history of HypnoBirthing - The Mongan Method, a biography of its founder Marie Mongan and details of her book "HypnoBirthing: A Celebration Of Life"
We hope you find the information about HypnoBirthing useful and wish you all the best with your birth!